Click on the button below to listen to this episode of The Fierce Entrepreneur Podcast…
#091 – Sales Masterclass With Fundraising Expert Abra Annes
My podcast guest today, Abra Annes is a mom, wife, and avid gardener. She loves horseback riding and is passionate about philanthropy.
At the age of five, Abra encountered an event that sparked her passion for helping others in life. Currently, she sits on a couple of boards and gives herself as well as travels for philanthropic work.
Abra worked in the entertainment industry through college. It was at a job on a cruise ship that she assisted an art auctioneer on a warm up auction. That’s where her auctioneering skills background began.
After the cruise ship, she went on to work for one of the ten biggest nonprofits in the US and learned to fundraise. She later put her fundraising and auctioneering skills together and in 2015 formed Generosity Auctions – the premier fundraising charity auctioneer firm in the US.
In today’s podcast episode, we discuss how Abra got started in charity fundraising. She gives incredible sales tips that can be applied to any business. We also discuss a simple method you can use to meet that big business person you’ve always dreamed of meeting.
In This Episode of The Fierce Entrepreneur Podcast:
- Abra explains why fundraising events are like a hidden gold mine that can help you meet people who can help in your business.
- We discuss the proper way to ask investors for money (or clients for sales.) Hint: It involves keeping your mouth shut!
- We talk about why being transparent and honest in your business will help people connect with you more.
- Abra shares how an event she witnessed when she was five years old, sparked her lifelong love for helping people.
- We also go into a mini sales master class that will help you in business regardless of if you’re a nonprofit, or are selling websites.
Abra’s Favorite Online App:
Mentioned in this Episode:
(Some of the links listed below are affiliate links, and I will receive compensation for you signing up for service using my links.)
- Fish!: A Remarkable Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results by Stephen Lundin
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- Stardust by Neil Gaiman
Reach Out to Abra:
Give Us a Rate & Review!
Thank you for listening to The Fierce Entrepreneur Podcast! I truly appreciate each and every one of you. If you have any questions or comments about the show, please feel free to leave a comment below.
If you found the information and interviews shared on this podcast helpful, please head over to iTunes to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review!
Want More Entrepreneurial Resources?
Become a Fierce Entrepreneur patron for exclusive content such as early access to podcast interviews, behind the scenes content, webinar Q&A sessions with awesome entrepreneurs, one on one sessions with me, and more!
About Cindy Rodriguez Founder & Podcast Host
Cindy Rodriguez is the host of The Fierce Entrepreneur Podcast. When she’s not interviewing awesome entrepreneurs, she’s working on growing her startup Artistry.io, going to Disney World with her daughter, or reading a book.