Click on the button below to listen to this episode of The Fierce Entrepreneur Podcast…
In 2011 serial entrepreneur Steven Picanza’s world crumbled within a 6-month timeframe. His business needed a pivot. He’d gotten stabbed in the neck by a homeless man. He was forced to start from scratch with a huge decision on his hands – does he allow what happened to be a defining moment or does he use it as a motivational tool?
He chose the latter and leveraged it as fuel to rebuild certain parts of his business, start a new business and make better decisions in all areas of his life.
Latin & Code is his brand and marketing consultancy that he owns with his wife. The Creative Hustler is his behind the scenes podcast and blog where he shares his experience consulting brands and bringing entrepreneurs practical knowledge and tactics to live successfully.
In this podcast episode, we talk about the importance of dropping your ego as an entrepreneur to allow yourself to be teachable. We talk about the struggles that come with being a business owner. He also shares his story of selling his agency in 2012, and work after selling the agency.Allow yourself to be a sponge. Be teachable. Know that you don’t know everything and the world doesn’t revolve around you. - Steven Picanza Click To Tweet
In This Episode of The Fierce Entrepreneur Podcast:
- Steven shares his entrepreneurial journey including his story of selling his business in 2012 and work after selling the business.
- He shares advice on why you need to drop your ego to be a successful business owner.
- We talk about the importance of allowing yourself to be a sponge and learn new things.
- He challenges you to think humbly and openly.
- We also discuss social media being a highlight reel – an awesome view into people’s lives, but it doesn’t show the struggle that comes with attaining the success they portray on social media.
- We talk about the struggles that come with being a business owner and how you need to know when to turn lemons into lemonade.
- He also shares his why – which is his love of creating experiences for people.
Steven’s Favorite Online App:
(Some of the links listed below are affiliate links, and I will receive compensation for you signing up for service using my links.)
Reach Out to Steven:
- Latin & Code Website: Latinandcode.com
- The Creative Hustler Website: TheCreativeHustler.com
- The Agency Guy: TheAgencyGuy.com