Click on the button below to listen to this episode of The Fierce Entrepreneur Podcast…
#094 – Dandan Zhu on the Importance of Financial Independence
Today’s podcast guest has spent her whole life creating businesses and working toward becoming financially free.
Dandan Zhu is a serial entrepreneur who started her first businesses while she was in college. After she graduated, she moved to NY with a dream and began a career in sales.
Dandan worked late nights, spent her weekends reading about business, and eventually built a successful career as a headhunter in NYC.
During her time in sales, she invested all her income in real estate. Eventually, Dandan accumulated enough wealth from real estate that she decided to retire from headhunting and started her own business.
Dandan Global is a career coaching company. She shares knowledge gained as a headhunter working with CEO’s, VP’s, and Managing Directors of venture capital firms, startups, and Fortune 500 companies.
In this podcast episode, Dandan shares her thoughts on the importance of women and entrepreneurs being financially independent. She also talks about how sales is about as entrepreneurial a job as you can get in the 9 to 5 world. We also talk about how her life goals changed once she became financially independent.
In This Episode of The Fierce Entrepreneur Podcast:
- We talk about how Dandan built her career as a successful head-hunter in NYC.
- Dandan shares how she wanted to escape an environment where she wasn’t 100% in control, so she quit her job as a headhunter after acquiring enough wealth via real estate.
- She also shares her inspiration to get started investing in real estate.
- Dandan drills down on the importance of being financially independent, especially if you want to start a business.
- She talks about other businesses she’s worked on, including those that failed.
- We talk about how while she was building wealth, Dandan gave up her social life but is now working on her health and relationships to make up for lost time.
- Dandan also shares what she would do if she were no longer able to be financially independent.
Mentioned in this Episode:
(Some of the links listed below are affiliate links, and I will receive compensation for you signing up for service using my links.)
- How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley Ph.D.
- Millionaire Women Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley Ph.D.
Reach Out to Dandan:
Give Us a Rate & Review!
Thank you for listening to The Fierce Entrepreneur Podcast! I truly appreciate each and every one of you. If you have any questions or comments about the show, please feel free to leave a comment below.
If you found the information and interviews shared on this podcast helpful, please head over to iTunes to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review!
Want More Entrepreneurial Resources?
Become a Fierce Entrepreneur patron for exclusive content such as early access to podcast interviews, behind the scenes content, webinar Q&A sessions with awesome entrepreneurs, one on one sessions with me, and more!
About Cindy Rodriguez Founder & Podcast Host
Cindy Rodriguez is the host of The Fierce Entrepreneur Podcast. When she’s not interviewing awesome entrepreneurs, she’s working on growing her startup Artistry.io, going to Disney World with her daughter, or reading a book.