Click on the button below to listen to this episode of The Fierce Entrepreneur Podcast…
#093 – How Connor Gillivan Built a Million Dollar Business While in College
My podcast guest today, Connor Gillivan ran a million dollar e-commerce business right from his college dorm room. Aside from being an e-commerce entrepreneur, Connor loves reading, running, and wants to make a positive impact on others through his passion.
Connor’s path to entrepreneurship started in high school when he followed in his cousin’s footsteps and built his own landscaping business.
In college, he teamed up with his business partner Nathan Hirsch and started selling textbooks on Amazon. Within one year, they were able to grow to a $1 million a year business.
As their business grew, Connor found a problem with the way people hire e-commerce freelancers. So it was only natural that he start a new business, FreeeUp, to help commerce companies hire freelancers that are reliable and skilled.
In this podcast episode, Connor and I discuss how he grew his first business to sell over $20 million in products on Amazon. We also talk about the problems with hiring freelancers from job sites. Connor also gives tips on the best way to start making money for your business quickly.
In This Episode of The Fierce Entrepreneur Podcast:
- We talk about how Connor started running a multi million dollar business right from his college dorm room.
- We also discuss how his first business, led him to start a second business, FreeeUp.
- Connor talks about the role his parents played in his entrepreneurial path.
- He also shares his greatest challenge of not getting things off his plate fast enough.
- We discuss some awesome nuggets from Connor’s book, Free Up Your Business.
- And we talk about what ignited his passion for social businesses and sustainability.
Connor’s Favorite Online Apps:
Mentioned in this Episode:
(Some of the links listed below are affiliate links, and I will receive compensation for you signing up for service using my links.)
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
- Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike by Phil Knight
- Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration by Ed Catmull and Amy Wallace
Reach Out to Connor:
- Connor’s Website
- @Connorgillivan on Twitter
- Connor Gillivan on Facebook
- Connor Gillivan on LinkedIn
- Connor’s Book: Free Up Your Business: 50 Secrets to Bootstrap Million Dollar Companies
Give Us a Rate & Review!
Thank you for listening to The Fierce Entrepreneur Podcast! I truly appreciate each and every one of you. If you have any questions or comments about the show, please feel free to leave a comment below.
If you found the information and interviews shared on this podcast helpful, please head over to iTunes to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review!
Want More Entrepreneurial Resources?
Become a Fierce Entrepreneur patron for exclusive content such as early access to podcast interviews, behind the scenes content, webinar Q&A sessions with awesome entrepreneurs, one on one sessions with me, and more!
About Cindy Rodriguez Founder & Podcast Host
Cindy Rodriguez is the host of The Fierce Entrepreneur Podcast. When she’s not interviewing awesome entrepreneurs, she’s working on growing her startup Artistry.io, going to Disney World with her daughter, or reading a book.